Monday, June 7, 2010

Springtime All Over Again

The Columbine are up, cherry blossoms decorative, apple blooms dotting the trunks, Astilbe are errect at attention, Bleeding Hearts... well, bleeding, zinnas peeled open, and the lilacs are living large and in-charge. It's springtime all over again. Norway seems to be a few weeks behind the CA foliage schedule, yet it is actually warmer here. Both nights I've eaten out here, I was borderline sweating sitting ouside, in a sleeveless shirt at 6:15pm. Granted, the sun is up as high as it would be at 3pm, but still. It was a temperature I was not expecting. So much for my packed scarf, gloves, and hat. I guess they will stay packed.

The sun is certainly something else. It's quite tough going to sleep when the sun is still up. My eyes slow down, my head doesn't quite function clearly, and yet my body is confused at why it needs to start relaxing. The sun, by the way, is still up... it's 10:27pm. It rests in 5 mintues, and will rise at 3:59am.

Today was a grinding day over the computer at work and I'm beat. Yesterday I posted the pictures from my weekend in Bruge. Enjoy them!




From Norway II (Springtime!)

1 comment:

QuilterGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.